Trial continues in Ohio Craigslist killings case

Published:

AKRON, Ohio (AP) -- A trial continues Wednesday in the case of an Ohio man accused of killing three men and wounding a fourth after they replied to phony Craigslist job ads.

Suspect Richard Beasley faces the death penalty if convicted of the killings that began last August.

The trial enters its third day Wednesday following jury selection that began last week.

Scott Davis, who survived a shooting last fall, stepped down from the witness stand Tuesday and identified Beasley as the person who shot him.

Beasley's attorney said in opening statements that there isn't enough evidence to convict Beasley. He said the defense would try to show that Davis attacked Beasley first, not the other way around.

Beasley's teenage co-defendant pleaded guilty last year and was sentenced to life in prison.