Tallmadge Civil War Society to meet
The Tallmadge Civil War Society is an organization of individuals with an interest in the American Civil War. Meetings take place in the Old Town Hall on Tallmadge Circle and are open to anyone with an interest in the Civil War.
* Nov. 20, 7:30 p.m. -- Diane Kaufman will speak on the woman accused and executed as part of President Lincoln's assassination plot, "Mary Surratt."
* Jan. 15, 7:30 p.m. -- The new year will kick off with Kelly Selby from Walsh University, who will cover "U.S. Colored Troops in Ohio."
* Feb. 19, 7:30 p.m. -- The "23rd Ohio OVI" will be presented by Larry Synder.
* March 12, 7:30 p.m. -- Annual joint meeting with the Tallmadge Historical Society. Note the meeting will be the second Tuesday rather than the usual meeting date of the third Tuesday of the month.
* April 16, 7:30 p.m. -- Annual "show and tell" and book auction. Attendees are asked to take any Civil War artifacts they may have to show members as well as any books or magazines they may want to donate for the auction.
* May 21, 7:30 p.m. -- Speaker to be announced.
* June 18, 6:30 p.m. -- John Gurnish will host another cemetery tour. Details to follow.
For more information, call David Fretz at 330-923-2217.