All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Worship -- 8:30 and 10 a.m.; Sunday school for all ages, 9 a.m.; children and youth choirs, 10 a.m.; children's worship, 10:30 a.m.
High School Fellowship also meets on Sunday's, but the schedule varies. Middle School Fellowship meets Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Contact the office for more information at email@example.com.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet monthly from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• April 21 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m.; Sunday School, all ages, 9:45 a.m.; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.; Junior High UMYF, 4 p.m.; Senior High UMYF, 5:30 p.m.
• April 23 -- Bible study, 7 p.m.; bell choir, 7 p.m.
• April 24 -- Choir practice, 7 p.m.
• April 25 -- Men's Devotions and work group, 8:30 a.m.
• June 14, 15 -- Rummage sale
• June 24-28 -- Vacation Bible School
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• April 21 -- Worship with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School at 9:15 a.m.; fellowship at 9:15 and 11:30 a.m.; New Member Class; 11:45 a.m.
• April 22 -- Earth day; Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086.
• April 23 -- Angels in the Kitchen, 6 p.m.; Fellowship Committee, 7 p.m.
• April 24 -- Take scissors and good cheer to the Piece Corps gathering at 9:30 a.m. Help finish quilts for global recipients.
• April 25 -- Evangelism Committee, 7 p.m.
• April 27 -- Spring Clean-up, 9: 30 a.m. All are invited to help.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
The Year of Faith -- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 73 North Ave., continues to celebrate The Year of Faith by sharing some OLV history each week in its bulletin.
Families can jump start faith activities in the home, primarily to assist parents in being the first and best teachers of their children in the ways of faith which may in turn foster family togetherness, learning and conversations about faith, in a fun and interactive way.
Visit the Family Website for the Year of Faith at www.dioceseofcleveland.org/yearoffaith and click on the Family tab.
20 Somethings Young Adult Group -- Meet every other Thursday, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Babysitting provided. For more information, email email@example.com.
Interested Teens -- Now is the time to sign up for the Steubenville Summer Conference on June 8th. Call Ellen at 330-801-0463.
Men's Bible Study -- Every other Wednesday, 6:30 a.m.
High school teens:
• April 27 -- Search Weekend
• May 11 -- Justin Fatica at St. Francis DeSales
• June 18 -- Vacation Bible School with Blessed Trinity Parish
• July 13 through 15 -- "Livin' on a Prayer Retreat."
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
Nationally known banjo player Mike Gentry and the River City Jazz Band will entertain May 18 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Roberts Hall in the Queen of Heaven Parish Life Center, 1800 Steese Road, Green.
Gentry is a member of the National Banjo Hall of Fame, has performed at Carnegie Hall, performed at Disney World for 15 years and on Mississippi river boats for 15 years, and has been spotlighted on the Ed Sullivan and Mike Douglas TV shows.
This event is sponsored by the Young at Heart Club, whose members will serve cookies, punch and coffee during the intermission. Tickets at $10 per person can be purchased at the Church Office or from a Club member. Call 330-896-2345 for more information.
Grace Baptist Church
Grace Baptist Church, 5915 Rhodes Road, Kent. Sunday services include worship at 9:30 a.m. with Sunday school for children, youth and young adults and an adult Bible fellowship class; worship at 11 a.m. with children's church and another adult Bible fellowship class option.
First Church of God
First Church of God, 446 Northwest Ave. in Tallmadge, is promoting a drive to get supplies for Visiting Angels. Especially needed are walkers, wheelchairs, gently used crutches and unopened packages of adult diapers or sanitary napkins.
Items can be dropped off at Visiting Angels, 10 Northwest Ave., during office hours. Call 330-733-1532 for more information.
There will also be at pickup day on May 4. Call 330-633-0107 to schedule a time for someone to pick items up.