All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Worship -- 8:30 and 10 a.m.; Sunday school for all ages, 9 a.m.; children and youth choirs, 10 a.m.; children's worship, 10:30 a.m.
High School Fellowship also meets on Sunday's, but the schedule varies. Middle School Fellowship meets Wednesdays at 6 p.m. Contact the office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet May 12 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit email@example.com.
Ascension Day, the day 40 days after Easter, when Jesus re-ascended into heaven, will be celebrated with a shared service at Tallmadge Lutheran Church, 759 East Ave. The May 9 service will begin at 7:30 p.m. and will include participation from members and clergy of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Hudson; St. John Lutheran Church, Akron; Zion Lutheran Church, Akron; Faith Lutheran Church, Kent; Lutheran Campus Ministry, Kent; and Tallmadge Lutheran. The Chancel Choir and Handbell Choir from Gloria Dei will present anthems, as will the chancel choir from Tallmadge Lutheran. A reception will immediately follow the service.
The public is invited to share in the service and fellowship.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• May 5 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m.; Sunday School, all ages, 9:45 a.m.; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.; Junior High UMYF, 4 p.m.; Senior High UMYF, 5:30 p.m.
• May 7 -- Bible study, 7 p.m.; bell choir, 7 p.m.
• May 8 -- Choir practice, 7 p.m.
• May 9 -- Men's Devotions and work group, 8:30 a.m.
• May 18, 19 -- 2013 Relay For Life
• May 20 -- Heart Saver CPR class
• June 2 -- Graduation Sunday
• June 14, 15 -- Rummage sale
• June 24-28 -- Vacation Bible School
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• May 5 -- Worship with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m. followed by socializing in the Fellowship Hall; Sunday School for all ages at 9:15 a.m.; Caring Cards, 11:45 a.m.; New Member Class; 11:45 a.m.
• May 6 -- Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086.
• May 7 -- Evening Bible study, 7 p.m.
• May 8 -- Choir practice, 7:30 p.m.
• May 9 -- Church Council, 7 p.m.
• May 11 -- St. Mark Southern Gospel Singers practice, 9:30 a.m.; Praise Band practice, 10 a.m.
• Coming soon -- Cookie sale on Mother's Day May 12, new members' reception May 19 and the Annual Rummage Sale May 31 and
June 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Donations welcome before sale. Exact date and times to be announced.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
The Year of Faith -- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 73 North Ave., continues to celebrate The Year of Faith by sharing some OLV history each week in its bulletin.
Families can jump start faith activities in the home, primarily to assist parents in being the first and best teachers of their children in the ways of faith which may in turn foster family togetherness, learning and conversations about faith, in a fun and interactive way.
Visit the Family Website for the Year of Faith at www.dioceseofcleveland.org/yearoffaith and click on the Family tab.
20 Somethings Young Adult Group -- Meet every other Thursday, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Babysitting provided. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested Teens -- Now is the time to sign up for the Steubenville Summer Conference on June 8. Call Ellen at 330-801-0463.
Men's Bible Study -- Every other Wednesday, 6:30 a.m.
High school teens:
• May 11 -- Justin Fatica at St. Francis DeSales
• June 18 -- Vacation Bible School with Blessed Trinity Parish
• July 13 through 15 -- "Livin' on a Prayer Retreat."
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
Nationally known banjo player Mike Gentry and the River City Jazz Band will entertain May 18 from 7 to 9 p.m. at Roberts Hall in the Queen of Heaven Parish Life Center, 1800 Steese Road, Green.
Gentry is a member of the National Banjo Hall of Fame, has performed at Carnegie Hall, performed at Disney World for 15 years and on Mississippi river boats for 15 years, and has been spotlighted on the Ed Sullivan and Mike Douglas TV shows.
This event is sponsored by the Young at Heart Club, whose members will serve cookies, punch and coffee during the intermission. Tickets at $10 per person can be purchased at the Church Office or from a Club member. Call 330-896-2345 for more information.
Outdoor Memorial Day Mass, May 27 at 8:30 a.m. in pavilion, weather permitting. This service is in tribute to fallen servicemen and women and all deceased. Donut social follows.
Beginning June 2, the weekend Mass schedule will be as follows: Saturday Vigil 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 and 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. The daily Masses will continue at 8:30 a.m., including Saturday.
Students graduating from high school and college will be honored at the 8:15 a.m. Mass June 2. Following the Mass, graduates and their families will be treated to a free pancake breakfast. The all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast at $5 per person is sponsored by the Cub Scouts and open to the public from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
An outdoor Mass and procession to two altars has been scheduled for June 2 at 7 p.m. in celebration of The Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ. A social will follow the procession. Attendees are asked to take lawn chairs. In case of rain, Mass will be conducted inside the church. Memorial
Grace Baptist Church
Grace Baptist Church, 5915 Rhodes Road, Kent. Sunday services include worship at 9:30 a.m. with Sunday school for children, youth and young adults and an adult Bible fellowship class; worship at 11 a.m. with children's church and another adult Bible fellowship class option.