All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Sunday programing -- Sunday morning worship has switched to only one worship service during the summer. It is offered at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. During the service, children in third grade and younger are invited to leave and attend children's extended session for the last half of worship. Nursery care is available for children under the age of 3 for the entire worship service.
Contact the office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet once a month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit email@example.com.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• Aug. 18 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m.; Summer Youth and Adult Study, 10 a.m.; Traditional service, 10:45 a.m.
• Aug. 22 -- Men's Devotions and Work Group, 8:30 a.m.
• Aug. 25 -- Teacher orientation meeting, 10 a.m.
• Aug. 27 -- Bell choir practice, 7 p.m.
• Aug. 28 -- Choir practice, 7 p.m.
• Sept. 2 -- Office closed.
• Sept. 8 -- Tallmadge United Methodist Church will host a Rally day/Ministry Fair featuring displays and representatives from all the church ministries and groups from 8:45 to noon before, after and between the 8:45 and 10:45 a.m. worship services. The public is invited to attend to learn about all the activities going on in and through the church and ways in which they can participate.
• Sept. 16 -- United Methodist Men's planning meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 18 -- Women's Bible Study begins, 10 a.m.
• Oct. 19 -- Falling Leaves Craft Fair. For information on booth rental, call 330-633-5706.
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• Aug. 18 -- Services with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.
• Aug. 19 -- Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. All ages are invited. Beginners are welcome without yard or needles. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086.
• Aug. 20 -- Alpha Circle, 1 p.m.
• Aug. 21 --Piece Corps, 9:30 a.m. Take scissors to work on quilts for global distribution.
Preview of coming events: Bible study, rally Day, Fellowship restart, mystery trips, community crop walk and the opening of Absorbent Minds Montessori.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans is hosting a free educational workshop to give adults a basic understanding of investing concepts. Called "Introduction to Investment Strategy," the 50-minute workshop will take place at 7 p.m. Aug. 19 at St. Mark Lutheran Church, 158 North Ave. The workshop is presented by John Hill, FIC, CLTC with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans in Kent.
During the workshop, participants will gain a better understanding of common investment terms and strategies, the risks and rewards of investing and how to choose the proper mix of assets to help reach their goals.
To register for this free workshop, call John Hill at 330-554-0004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The reservation deadline is Aug. 18.
Our Lady of Victory
The Year of Faith -- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 73 North Ave., continues to celebrate The Year of Faith by sharing some OLV history each week in its bulletin.
Families can jump start faith activities in the home, primarily to assist parents in being the first and best teachers of their children in the ways of faith which may in turn foster family togetherness, learning and conversations about faith, in a fun and interactive way.
Visit the Family Website for the Year of Faith at www.dioceseofcleveland.org/yearoffaith and click on the Family tab.
20 Somethings Young Adult Group -- Meet every other Thursday, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Babysitting provided. For more information, email email@example.com or call 330-554-6770.
From the Cleveland Diocese -- ABC Family Channel televises Sunday Mass from 6:30 to 7 a.m. each Sunday in the Diocese. It can also be viewed online at www.TheSundayMass.org.
"Come and See" is for those who have questions or concerns about the Catholic faith or for anyone wanting to grow in their faith. Gatherings are scheduled on the first Tuesday of every month for people of all ages. For more information, call 330-773-7621.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered every Saturday from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
In this "Year of Faith," several churches in the Diocese of Cleveland have been designated pilgrimage sites, with St. Sebastian being the only one in Summit County. On Aug. 24, Queen of Heaven will sponsor a pilgrimage to that site and two other churches. Pilgrims will walk from St. Mary to St. Bernard and will go by bus to St. Sebastian. The pilgrimage includes praying a decade of the rosary and a short visit at each church. A bus will depart Queen of Heaven at 11:30 a.m. and return by 3 p.m.
"Journey to Peace Bereavement Support," a ministry of information, consolation, spiritual and emotional support at Queen of Heaven Catholic Church will offer a free six-week series. For those of any faith having experienced the death of a loved one, the series will be scheduled on six Mondays, beginning Sept. 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the church. The ministry members will strive to provide Christian support and guidance for daily living for anyone suffering grief, whether recent or lingering from the past. For more information or to register, call Sue Lyons at 330-499-3937.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.