All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Sunday programing -- Sunday morning worship has switched to only one worship service during the summer. It is offered at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. During the service, children in third grade and younger are invited to leave and attend children's extended session for the last half of worship. Nursery care is available for children under the age of 3 for the entire worship service.
Contact the office for more information at email@example.com.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet once a month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633-4931 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• Sept. 1 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m.; Summer Youth and Adult Study, 10 a.m.; Traditional service, 10:45 a.m.
• Sept 2 -- Office closed.
• Sept. 5 -- Men's Devotions and Work Group, 8:30 a.m.
• Sept. 8 -- Tallmadge United Methodist Church will host a Rally day/Ministry Fair featuring displays and representatives from all the church ministries and groups from 8:45 to noon before, after and between the 8:45 and 10:45 a.m. worship services. The public is invited to attend to learn about all the activities going on in and through the church and ways in which they can participate.
• Sept. 15 -- All Church Dinner. Sign up in narthex.
• Sept. 16 -- United Methodist Men's planning meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 18 -- Women's Bible Study begins, 10 a.m.
• Oct. 19 -- Falling Leaves Craft Fair. For information on booth rental, call 330-633-5706.
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• Sept. 1 -- Services with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.
• Sept. 2 -- Labor Day. Offices closed.
• Sept. 7 -- Practice for the Rally Day skit "Shoe Sale" at 10 a.m.
• Sept. 8 -- Rally Day. One service at 10 a.m., outside, weather permitting. Will include the skit "Shoe Sale," performed by St. Mark youth and other cast members.
Preview of coming events: Fellowship restart, mystery trips, community crop walk and the opening of Absorbent Minds Montessori.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
The Year of Faith -- Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 73 North Ave., continues to celebrate The Year of Faith by sharing some OLV history each week in its bulletin.
Families can jump start faith activities in the home, primarily to assist parents in being the first and best teachers of their children in the ways of faith which may in turn foster family togetherness, learning and conversations about faith, in a fun and interactive way.
Visit the Family Website for the Year of Faith at www.dioceseofcleveland.org/yearoffaith and click on the Family tab.
20 Somethings Young Adult Group -- Meet every other Thursday, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Babysitting provided. For more information, email email@example.com or call 330-554-6770.
From the Cleveland Diocese -- ABC Family Channel televises Sunday Mass from 6:30 to 7 a.m. each Sunday in the Diocese. It can also be viewed online at www.TheSundayMass.org.
"Come and See" is for those who have questions or concerns about the Catholic faith or for anyone wanting to grow in their faith. Gatherings are scheduled on the first Tuesday of every month for people of all ages. For more information, call 330-773-7621.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered every Saturday from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
The Mass schedule beginning Sept. 1 will be: Saturday Vigil Mass 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Life Teen); weekday Masses remain at 8:30 a.m. with the rosary prayed 20 minutes prior to the Mass, and a 9:30 a.m. Mass celebrated on Tuesdays at Greenview Inn. Additional weekday Masses: 6:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday and 12:10 p.m. Friday. Saturdays after the 8:30 a.m. Mass, there also is Exposition and Benediction from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
"Journey to Peace Bereavement Support," a ministry of information, consolation, spiritual and emotional support at Queen of Heaven Catholic Church will offer a free six-week series. For those of any faith having experienced the death of a loved one, the series will be scheduled on six Mondays, beginning Sept. 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the church. The ministry members will strive to provide Christian support and guidance for daily living for anyone suffering grief, whether recent or lingering from the past. For more information or to register, call Sue Lyons at 330-499-3937.
Labor Day Mass Monday, Sept. 2 at 9 a.m. in the pavilion, or inside the church in case of rain. A doughnut social will follow.
"Bring Your Pets to Mass," an outdoor Mass with pet blessing, will commemorate the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and his love of animals, from 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 for attendees and their pets (on leashes or caged, please).Take a lawn chair. In case of rain, take pets into the church for the 11 a.m. Mass.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.