St Mark Lutheran Church, 158 North Avenue, Tallmadge, activities offered this
Sunday, Sept 15 - Services with Communion at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Sunday
School for youth and adults begins a new year at 9:15 a.m. Fellowship resumes with refreshments available after each service in our Fellowship Hall.
Monday, Sept 16 - Knitting and Crocheting for Charity at 7 p.m. All are welcome
to learn new skills, make choices, share yarn and enjoy stimulating conversation as we work on our individual projects for charity. A display of newly completed
projects will be on display next month before they are distributed to our many
Tuesday, Sept 17 - Alpha Circle (for women) meets at 1 p.m. Evening Bible Study
returns at 7 p.m.
For further information, please call 330-633-3718 or access us at Facebook or
All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Sunday programing -- Sunday morning worship has switched to only one worship service during the summer. It is offered at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. During the service, children in third grade and younger are invited to leave and attend children's extended session for the last half of worship. Nursery care is available for children under the age of 3 for the entire worship service.
Contact the office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet once a month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit email@example.com.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• Sept. 15 -- All Church Dinner. Sign up in narthex.
• Sept. 16 -- United Methodist Men's Planning meeting, 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 18 -- Women's Bible Study begins, 10 a.m.
• Sept. 22 -- Youth Sunday.
• Sept. 28 -- UMW District Fall Meeting at Hudson UMC.
• Oct. 19 -- Falling Leaves Craft Fair. For information on booth rental, call 330-633-5706.
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• Sept. 15 -- Services with Communion at 8:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. School for youth and adults begins a new year at 9:15 a.m. Fellowship resumes with refreshments available after each service in our Fellowship Hall.
• Sept. 16 -- Knitting and Crocheting for Charity at 7 p.m. All are welcome to learn new skills, make choices, share yarn and enjoy stimulating conversation as we work on our individual projects for charity. A display of newly completed projects will be on display next month before they are distributed to our many recipients.
• Sept. 17 -- Alpha Circle (for women) meets at 1 p.m. Evening Bible Study returns at 7 p.m.
Preview of coming events: Mystery trips, community crop walk and the opening of Absorbent Minds Montessori.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is located at 73 North Ave.
Religious Education Registration questions? Call the PSR office at 330-633-3672.
Parish School of Religion (PSR) begins as follows:
• Sept. 15 -- Kindergarten through eighth-grade students begin PSR in Tallmadge Middle School, 484 East Ave., 10:30 a.m.
• Sept. 22 -- Confirmation candidate and sponsor meeting in Finnerty Hall, 10:15 a.m.
Mass of Thanksgiving -- Sept. 29, 10:45 a.m. Join OLV for a special celebration of the Rev. John Hengle's 20 years as pastor of the parish.
Fr. Hengle will celebrate his last weekend Mass as pastor before beginning his retirement. A 2 p.m. reception will follow Mass in Finnerty Hall.
• Oct. 1 -- Welcome new Pastor, the Rev. Mike Matusz.
• Oct. 5 -- Annual Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those who'd like to volunteer are asked to call Mary Beth at 330-633-1928.
Mother's Club -- Sept. 24. Meets at 9:30 a.m. every other Tuesday in Parish Center Room 100.
Middle School and Peace Group -- Sept. 18, 6 p.m. Planning meeting and dinner Room 101.
20 Somethings -- Sept. 19, 7 p.m., every other Thursday in Rooms 102 and 10.3
Choir -- 9 a.m. Mass choir practice every Monday in church at 8 p.m.; 5 p.m. Mass choir practice every Tuesday in church at 7 p.m. Anyone can join.
AA Meetings -- Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 100.
Woman's Guild Christmas Bazaar -- Nov. 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Daily weekday Mass -- 9 a.m., except Thursdays.
Sacrament of Confession -- 9 a.m. every Saturday.
Our Lady of Victory was able to help the Good Samaritan Hunger Center in Akron serve 10,227 hot meals, buy 5,464 bags of groceries and make 5,440 quarts of homemade soups this past year.
The parish calendar is available on line at http://ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishesonline.com.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
Mass schedule: Saturday Vigil Mass 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Life Teen); weekday Masses remain at 8:30 a.m. with the rosary prayed 20 minutes prior to the Mass, and a 9:30 a.m. Mass celebrated on Tuesdays at Greenview Inn. Additional weekday Masses: 6:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday and 12:10 p.m. Friday. Saturdays after the 8:30 a.m. Mass, there also is Exposition and Benediction from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
"Journey to Peace Bereavement Support," a ministry of information, consolation, spiritual and emotional support at Queen of Heaven Catholic Church will offer a free six-week series. For those of any faith having experienced the death of a loved one, the series will be scheduled on six Mondays, 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the church. The ministry members will strive to provide Christian support and guidance for daily living for anyone suffering grief, whether recent or lingering from the past. For more information or to register, call Sue Lyons at 330-499-3937.
"Bring Your Pets to Mass," an outdoor Mass with pet blessing, will commemorate the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and his love of animals, from 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 for attendees and their pets (on leashes or caged, please).Take a lawn chair. In case of rain, take pets into the church for the 11 a.m. Mass.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.