All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Sunday programing -- Sunday morning worship has switched to only one worship service during the summer. It is offered at 9:30 a.m. in the sanctuary. During the service, children in third grade and younger are invited to leave and attend children's extended session for the last half of worship. Nursery care is available for children under the age of 3 for the entire worship service.
Contact the office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet once a month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit email@example.com.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• Sept. 22 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m. -- Youth Sunday; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.
• Sept. 24 -- Bell choir practice, 7 p.m.; Bible study, 7 p.m.
• Sept. 25 -- Women's Bible study, 10 a.m.; choir practice, 7 p.m.
• Sept. 26 -- Men's Devotions and work group, 8:30 a.m.
• Sept. 28 -- UMW District Fall Meeting at Hudson UMC.
• Oct. 13 -- Annual CROP Walk. Sponsor sheets are available at the information desk.
• Oct. 19 -- Falling Leaves Craft Fair. For information on booth rental, call 330-633-5706.
• Oct. 27 -- Trunk or Treat
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• Sept. 22 -- Worship with Communion, 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School for all, 9:15 a.m. with refreshments in the Fellowship Hall,
9:15 and 11:30 a.m.; car pool to Haven of Rest, 5:45 p.m. to deliver desserts to those dining there.
• Sept. 23 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall from 2 to 2:30 p.m; Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086; Thrivent Seminar presenting economic and investment outlook, 7 p.m.
• Sept. 24 -- Angels in the Kitchen, 6 p.m.; Meeting of Fellowship, 7 p.m.
• Sept. 25 -- Piece Corps, 9 a.m. Take scissors to help finish quilts for the Lutheran World Relief fall shipment in October.
• Sept. 26 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall, 2 to 2:30 p.m.; Evangelism meets at 7 p.m.
• Sept. 27 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
WELCA is preparing for its annual retreat to Kelly's Island Sept. 27 to 29.
Help is needed in collecting brand new bars of wrapped soap to send with quilts to the Lutheran World Relief headquarters. The deadline to drop off soap in its original wrapping is Oct. 7.
Mark calendars for the annual Walk in the Park, Oct. 13, at 2 p.m. at Goodyear Metro Park on Newton Street, Akron. Walkers and sponsors
are needed for this fundraiser to help feed hungry people in the community and around the world. All welcome to join.
For fun -- the Holy Roamers Road Trip will meet at the church Oct. 5 at noon to car pool to the Fall Festival at Bauman's Orchard in Rittman. Lots of apples to buy or pick, wagon rides, and more. Watch for details next week.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is located at 73 North Ave.
The annual Parish Rummage Sale has been scheduled for Oct. 5 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Items will be priced at $2 per bag from 1 to 2 p.m.
Religious Education Registration questions? Call the PSR office at 330-633-3672.
Parish School of Religion (PSR) begins as follows:
• Sept. 22 -- Confirmation candidate and sponsor meeting in Finnerty Hall, 10:15 a.m.
Mass of Thanksgiving -- Sept. 29, 10:45 a.m. Join OLV for a special celebration of the Rev. John Hengle's 20 years as pastor of the parish from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Finnerty Hall.
• Oct. 1 -- Welcome new Pastor, the Rev. Mike Matusz.
• Oct. 5 -- Annual Rummage Sale, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Those who'd like to volunteer are asked to call Mary Beth at 330-633-1928.
Mother's Club -- Sept. 24. Meets at 9:30 a.m. every other Tuesday in Parish Center Room 100.
Choir -- 9 a.m. Mass choir practice every Monday in church at 8 p.m.; 5 p.m. Mass choir practice every Tuesday in church at 7 p.m. Anyone can join.
AA Meetings -- Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 100.
Woman's Guild Christmas Bazaar -- Nov. 9, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Daily weekday Mass -- 9 a.m., except Thursdays.
Sacrament of Confession -- 9 a.m. every Saturday.
Our Lady of Victory was able to help the Good Samaritan Hunger Center in Akron serve 10,227 hot meals, buy 5,464 bags of groceries and make 5,440 quarts of homemade soups this past year.
The parish calendar is available on line at http://ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishesonline.com.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
Mass schedule: Saturday Vigil Mass 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Life Teen); weekday Masses remain at 8:30 a.m. with the rosary prayed 20 minutes prior to the Mass, and a 9:30 a.m. Mass celebrated on Tuesdays at Greenview Inn. Additional weekday Masses: 6:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday and 12:10 p.m. Friday. Saturdays after the 8:30 a.m. Mass, there also is Exposition and Benediction from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
"Journey to Peace Bereavement Support," a ministry of information, consolation, spiritual and emotional support at Queen of Heaven Catholic Church will offer a free six-week series. For those of any faith having experienced the death of a loved one, the series will be scheduled on six Mondays, beginning Sept. 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the church. The ministry members will strive to provide Christian support and guidance for daily living for anyone suffering grief, whether recent or lingering from the past. For more information or to register, call Sue Lyons at 330-499-3937.
"Bring Your Pets to Mass," an outdoor Mass with pet blessing, will commemorate the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and his love of animals, from 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 for attendees and their pets (on leashes or caged, please).Take a lawn chair. In case of rain, take pets into the church for the 11 a.m. Mass.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.
Apostolic Church of Akron
On Sept. 28, from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., the Apostolic Church of Akron will host a Walleye Fish Fry. The cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Chicken tender dinners will also be available.
The church is located at 2545 Newton St., Akron. For more information, call 330-289-6800.