All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge.
Sunday programing -- 8:30 a.m. worship; 9 a.m. educational hour; and 10 a.m. worship and children's worship. Nursery care is available for children under the age of 3 from 9 to 11 a.m. Contact the office for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled to meet once a month from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit email@example.com.
Tallmadge United Methodist
This week at Tallmadge United Methodist Church:
• Sept. 29 -- Contemporary service, 8:45 a.m. -- Youth Sunday; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.
• Oct. 1 -- UMW Board meeting, 11 a.m.; bell choir practice, 7 p.m.; Bible study, 7 p.m.
• Oct. 2 -- Women's Bible study, 10 a.m.; choir practice, 7 p.m.
• Oct. 3 -- Men's Devotions and work group, 8:30 a.m.
• Oct. 13 -- Annual CROP Walk. Sponsor sheets are available at the information desk.
• Oct. 19 -- Falling Leaves Craft Fair. For information on booth rental, call 330-633-5706.
• Oct. 27 -- Trunk or Treat
Tallmadge United Methodist Church is located at 207 N. Munroe Road. For more information, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
St. Mark Lutheran
• Sept. 29 -- Worship with Communion, 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday School for all, 9:15 a.m.; refreshments served in the Fellowship Hall,
9:15 and 11:45 a.m.
• Sept. 30 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall from 2 to 2:30 p.m.; Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086.
• Oct. 1 -- Evening Bible study, 7 p.m.
• Oct. 2 -- Worship and music, 6:30 p.m.; choir, 7:30 p.m.
• Oct. 3 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall, 2 to 2:30 p.m.; Property, 7 p.m.
• Oct. 4 -- Absorbent Minds School in Fellowship Hall, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
• Oct. 5 -- Holy Roamers road trip meet at noon to car pool to the Fall Festival at Bauman's Orchard in Rittman. The festival features wagon rides, music, a maze, hot dogs and cider.
• Oct. 6 -- Deadline to contribute originally wrapped bars of soap to send with quilts to the Lutheran World Relief fall shipment.
Mark calendars for the annual Walk in the Park, Oct. 13, at 2 p.m. at Goodyear Metro Park on Newton Street, Akron. Walkers and sponsors
are needed for this fundraiser to help feed hungry people in the community and around the world. All welcome to join.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is located at 73 North Ave.
This year's HUGE Parish Rummage Sale has been scheduled for Oct. 5 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Items will be priced at $2 per bag from 1 to 2 p.m.
Religious Education Registration questions? Call the PSR office at 330-633-3672.
Mass of Thanksgiving -- Sept. 29, 10:45 a.m. Join OLV for a special celebration of the Rev. John Hengle's 20 years as pastor of the parish from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Finnerty Hall.
• Oct. 1 -- Welcome new Pastor, the Rev. Mike Matusz.
Choir -- 9 a.m. Mass choir practice every Monday in church at 8 p.m.; 5 p.m. Mass choir practice every Tuesday in church at 7 p.m. Anyone can join.
Mother's Club meets at 9:30 a.m. every other Tuesday in Room 100.
Twenty Somethings meet at 7 p.m. every other Thursday in Rooms 102 and 103.
AA Meetings -- Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 100.
Woman's Guild Christmas Bazaar -- Nov. 9, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free admission. Raffle with $700 first-place cash prize. The bazaar will feature 26 crafters, homemade soups, breads and pies, a bake sale and sausage sandwiches.
Daily weekday Mass -- 9 a.m., except Thursdays.
Sacrament of Confession -- 9 a.m. every Saturday.
The parish calendar is available on line at http://ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishesonline.com.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
Queen of Heaven
Mass schedule: Saturday Vigil Mass 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 and 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. (Life Teen); weekday Masses remain at 8:30 a.m. with the rosary prayed 20 minutes prior to the Mass, and a 9:30 a.m. Mass celebrated on Tuesdays at Greenview Inn. Additional weekday Masses: 6:30 p.m. Monday and Thursday and 12:10 p.m. Friday. Saturdays after the 8:30 a.m. Mass, there also is Exposition and Benediction from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
"Journey to Peace Bereavement Support," a ministry of information, consolation, spiritual and emotional support at Queen of Heaven Catholic Church will offer a free six-week series. For those of any faith having experienced the death of a loved one, the series will be scheduled on six Mondays, beginning Sept. 9 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the church. The ministry members will strive to provide Christian support and guidance for daily living for anyone suffering grief, whether recent or lingering from the past. For more information or to register, call Sue Lyons at 330-499-3937.
"Bring Your Pets to Mass," an outdoor Mass with pet blessing, will commemorate the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi and his love of animals, from 11 a.m. to noon Oct. 6 for attendees and their pets (on leashes or caged, please).Take a lawn chair. In case of rain, take pets into the church for the 11 a.m. Mass.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.
First United Methodist of Cuyahoga Falls
The First United Methodist Church of Cuyahoga Falls, 245 Portage Trail and Third Street, will present Meastro Hector Olivera in a fundraising concert for the church Sept. 29 at 3 p.m. Olivera is world renowned for his skills and mastery of the organ. He will play the 4/45 M.P. Moller at the church, and his Roland Atelier 900 Orchestral Touring Organ. Tickets are available at the door. The cost for general admission is $20 per person, and patron admission is $30 per person.