St. Mark Lutheran
• March 2 -- Worship with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; At 9:15 a.m., Sunday school for all ages at 9:15 a.m.; fellowship at 9:15 and 11:45 a.m.
• March 3 -- Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086. The group's current focus is producing mittens for newborns and fingerless gloves for patients with IVs to meet a request made by local hospitals. Want to learn to knit or crochet? Call 330-686-1086 for more information.
• March 4 -- Evening Bible Study, 7 p.m.
• March 5 -- Ash Wednesday service at 7 p.m. All Christians are welcome to the dispensing of ashes and beginning the Lenten season.
• March 6 -- Property committee, 7 p.m.
• March 8 -- St. Mark Southern Gospel Quartet practice, 9 a.m.; Praise Band practice, 10 a.m.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge, a Stephen Ministry church, offers two worship services Sunday mornings at 8:30 and 10 a.m.: Also offered Sundays are a 9 a.m. Sunday School and child care, a 10 a.m. childcare, a 10 a.m. children's and youth choirs, and 10:30 a.m. children's worship.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled Sundays, March 2 and 16, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
Dr. Sue Meyer, co-founder of Faithful Servants Care Center, will speak about the history of the free clinic and the work volunteer physicians, nurses, pharmacists and lay people are doing to serve those who cannot afford to pay for health care March 10 at 6:30 p.m. In the first 15 months of operation, the clinic handled 2,278 patient visits.
A variety of desserts, along with coffee, tea and punch, will be served prior to the program. Donations of supplies to help support the clinic's work will also be collected from those able to support the clinic's mission. Presently the clinic is in need of items such as over-the-counter steroids, 1 percent cortisone cream, Mucinex, OTC fungal cream, splints for wrists or ankles, Monistat kits, Tylenol, Ibuprofen,
Aleve, cotton swabs, band aids and gauze bandages.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is located at 73 North Ave.
Confessions -- Every Saturday from 9 to 9:30 a.m. in the church, or by appointment.
Religious Education Registration questions? Call the PSR office at 330-633-3672.
Choir -- 9 a.m. Mass choir practice every Monday in church at 8 p.m.; 5 p.m. Mass choir practice every Tuesday in church at 7 p.m. Anyone can join.
Mother's Club meets every other Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. in Room 100.
20 Somethings Young Adult Group -- For single or married individuals with or without children in their 20s and early 30s. The group meets from 7 to 8:30 p.m. in the Parish Center. Babysitting provided. For more information, call Steve at 330-554-6770.
Young Adults -- Find out what's going on in Northeast Ohio and connect with other Catholic Young adults at http://www.meetup.com/Northeast-Ohio-Catholic-Youth-Adults/or call Jennifer at 330-217-1064.
AA Meetings -- Wednesdays, 10 a.m., Room 100.
Daily weekday Mass -- Mondays, Tuesdays Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. No Friday Mass.
Sacrament of Confession -- 9 a.m. every Saturday.
Visit the church Facebook page at Our Lady of Victory Church
The parish calendar is available on line at http://ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishesonline.com.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3637 for more information.