Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church is located at 73 North Ave.
Religious Education Registration questions? Call the PSR office at 330-633-3672.
Lenten Mass schedule -- Daily Mass, 9 a.m. Mondays Tuesdays and Thursdays; evening Mass Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.; no daily Mass on Fridays.
Stations of the Cross -- Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
Mother's Club -- Mar 25, 9 a.m.
Knights of Columbus meet the first Monday of the month.
Somethings and Young Adult Group. Meets every other Thursday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. with babysitting provided. For more information, call Steve at 330-554-6770.
AA -- Wednesdays at 10 a.m. in Room 100.
Adult Studies -- Catholicism series offered Mondays during Lent, March 24 and 31 at 7 p.m. in Room 101.
Confessions -- Saturdays from 9 to 9:30 a.m.
• April 6, 7 p.m., Cluster Communal Reconciliation at Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Cuyahoga Falls.
• April 15, 10 to 11 a.m.
• April 16, 5 to 6 p.m.
No confessions April 17, 18 and 19.
Holy week services
• Palm Sunday -- April 12 and 13, Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 9 and 10:45 a.m.
• Holy Thursday -- April 17, 9 a.m. morning prayer; 7:30 p.m. Mass of the Lord's Supper; 8:30 to 11 p.m., keep watch of the Blessed Sacrament.
• Good Friday -- April 18, 9 a.m. morning prayer; 3 p.m. The Passion of the Lord; 7:30 Stations of the Cross with youth depicting the steps of Jesus and Veneration of the Cross.
• Holy Saturday -- April 19, 9 a.m. morning prayer; no 5 p.m. Mass; 2 p.m. Blessing of Easter Food; 9:15 p.m. Easter Vigil.
• Easter Sunday -- April 20, Masses at 7:30, 9:30 and 11:30 a.m.
Visit the church Facebook page at Our Lady of Victory Church
The parish calendar is available on line at http://ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishesonline.com.
Visit the OLV website for all the news at www.ourladyofvictorytallmadge.parishonline.com.
Call 330-633-3637 for more information.
St. Mark Lutheran
• March 23 -- Worship with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; Sunday school for all ages at 9:15 a.m.; fellowship with coffee and donuts at 9:15 and 11:30 a.m.; Youth Group,11:45 a.m.; desserts delivered to Haven of Rest, 5:45 p.m.
• March 24 -- St. Bernard Lunch program, 1 p.m.; Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086. The group's current focus is producing mittens for newborns and fingerless gloves for patients with IVs to meet a request made by local hospitals. Want to learn to knit or crochet? Call 330-686-1086 for more information.
• March 25 -- Angels in the Kitchen, 6 p.m.; Fellowship, 7 p.m.
• March 26 -- Piece Corps, 9 a.m. to noon; Lenten Soup Supper, 6 p.m.; Lenten service, 7 p.m.; choir practice, 8 p.m.
• March 27 -- Evangelism Committee, 7:30 p.m.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge, a Stephen Ministry church, offers two worship services Sunday mornings at 8:30 and 10 a.m.: Also offered Sundays are a 9 a.m. Sunday School and child care, a 10 a.m. childcare, a 10 a.m. children's and youth choirs, and 10:30 a.m. children's worship.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled Sundays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
During the Lenten season, First Congregational Church has two options for adults to deepen their faithful journey. On Wednesdays, through April 9 from 6:30 to 8 p.m., there will be a book discussion led by the Rev. Dr. John Schluep. The focus of the study will be the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, supplemented with the book by John Ortberg, "Who Is This Man: The Unpredictable Impact of the Inescapable Jesus." The cost is $12 per book.
The second opportunity is "Rest in God: A Lenten Invitation" on Thursdays through April 10 from 6 to 6:30 p.m. A guided contemplation led by the Rev. Matt Wooster will teach and lead the ancient spiritual practices of Contemplative Meditation and Lectio Divina, a Latin phrase meaning "holy reading" of scripture. This opportunity for spiritual practice is designed to open space in people's lives to listen when God is speaking to them
and within them. The 40 days of Lent are modeled on the 40 days Jesus spent in the wilderness, and the 40 years spent by the Hebrews in the wilderness after the Exodus from Egypt.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queen of Heaven
The weekday Mass schedule during Lent will be as follows: 8:30 a.m. Monday through Saturday; 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday through April 14 and 16, no Mass April 15; Mission closing Mass at 7 p.m. March 26.
For further information, call 330-896-2345.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green.