Save the Dates
• May 26 -- Pancake Breakfast will be coming soon. Mark your calendars for May 26 and enjoy a breakfast at the Community Center. More information will follow.
• June 1 -- Food Truck Event at the Tallmadge Recreation Center. Vendors, games for children and a whole lot of fun for the entire family will be on the menu. Details to follow.
• Aug. 16 -- We have started the preparation for the Tallmadge Circle Festival & Light Parade and will begin offering sponsorships for the festival on May 1. Parade information and sponsorship forms will be uploaded to our website after May 1. More information to follow.
Volunteers are needed for two upcoming events -- the annual Memorial Day Pancake Breakfast at the Tallmadge Recreation Center May 26 and the Food Truck Event at the Tallmadge Recreation Center June 1.
• Pancake Breakfast -- Volunteers are needed a 7:30 a.m. to cook pancakes, from 8 a.m. to noon to serve pancakes, and at noon to help clean up after the event.
• Food Truck Event -- Volunteers needed to help Chamber sell pop/water at the event from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 2 to 4 p.m.; and 4 to 6 p.m. Proceeds will benefit our local charities and scholarship funds.
Volunteers do not need to be members. These are community events, and all are welcome to volunteer. If interested, contact Becky at the Chamber office at 330-633-5417.
General member meeting
The next general member meeting is scheduled for May 21 at the Tallmadge Community Center. Registration begins at 11:20 a.m. and lunch will be served at 11:50. Reservations are required. Call the office to make reservations. Kordell Norton, a high energy and international speaker with driving explosive results in growing businesses will speak. Kordell is the author of four books on business growth. You won't want to miss this dynamic speaker.
Dare to Share
We are participating in a new program that Tallmadge High School's FCCLA Club is sponsoring. They are sending home a weekend supply of food for a single child each Friday for the neediest school children here in Tallmadge. The project is called "Dare to Share" and the bags are called "NOW Bags" (Nutrition on weekends). The Chamber will have a collection bin in the office for those who would like to donate. Also, there will be a collection bin at the check in table each month. They also accept monetary donations.
Some items they are in need of include beef jerky, juice boxes, fruit cups, cereal boxes: Cheerios, shredded wheat, etc; applesauce cups, granola bars and pudding cups.
For more information on the project, contact Kelley Smith at THS at 330-633-5505 ext. 1125.
Featured Business of the Month
Congratulations to Venue Banquets, Tallmadge Circle's premier party center offering a full service catering experience for all banquet needs. The Venue, Chamber's Business of the Month, features a facility that will accommodate up to 350 guests. To make a reservation or for details, call Kelly at 330-633-7111.
Those who would like to participate in our Featured Business of the Month program are asked to attend the luncheons and "drop" their business card into the basket to be drawn for the Business of the Month. You will get your business name featured on our website, and a short blurb" in the Chamber Chatter column in the Tallmadge Express, along with a mention in Chamber's next newsletter. One business card a month will be drawn at the luncheon meetings.
Members Deals E-Blast -- If you have any specials that you would like to share with others, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to include them in the next Members Deals E-Blast. Please type "Member Deals" in the subject line, so that Becky will be able to spot these right away.