No injuries reported in Brian Drive twinplex fire

Published:

In addition to responding to reports of three fires on Saturday, Tallmadge firefighters were also called to a house fire on Brian Drive Sunday around 2:30 p.m.
According to Tallmadge Fire Chief Pat Gaffney, first arriving police and fire units found heavy fire showing at the front window of a twinplex. Gaffney said the occupant had escaped prior to their arrival and reported no injury.  
The apartment of origin was a total loss with smoke and some structural damage to the neighboring residence.
Tallmadge received mutual aid from the Munroe Falls Fire Department.
Fire officials are continuing the investigation and waiting on the estimated loss to building and contents.
Gaffney said Tallmadge Good Neighbors and the American Red Cross are assisting the renter, who lost everything in the fire and has no insurance.
Anyone interested in helping out is asked to contact Tallmadge Good Neighbors at 330-733-1453.

Want to leave your comments?

Sign in or Register to comment.