- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
Several staffers from Record Publishing Co.’s weekly papers were winners in the 2014 Osman Hooper Newspaper contest, sponsored by the Ohio Newspaper Association.
RPC winners, announced Feb. 6 at the 2014 Ohio Newspaper Association Convention in Columbus, were:
• The Nordonia Hills News Leader won first place in the Best Editorial category, for Editor Eric Marotta.
The News Leader also won third place in the In-Depth Reporting Division A category, for Eric Marotta and Reporter Jeff Saunders, and third place in the Advertising Division A category, for Account Executive Diane McGhee.
• The Hudson Hub-Times won first place in the Sports Coverage Division B category, for Associate Sports Editor Frank Aceto.
The Hub-Times also won third place in the Original Column Division B category, for Reporter Laura Freeman.
• The Tallmadge Express won second place in the Sports Coverage Division B category, also for Frank Aceto.
• The Stow Sentry won second place in the Best Local Feature Division A category, again for Frank Aceto.
The ONA Weekly Newspaper Committee, which organizes the annual competition, includes representatives from several Ohio publications, including RPC’s Executive Editor, Erica Peterson.