- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
The Chapel, 135 Fir Hill St., Akron, will offer a seminar on Feb. 20 from 7 to 8:30 p.m. for parents to discuss heroin use among young people and how to look for the signs. The program, titled “Don’t Be Blind — Sided: Heroin use is an epidemic,” will cover the signs of heroin use, including moods, behavior and environment, the drug language and culture that is taking place today, and how to communicate with the youth.
Guest speakers will be:
• China Darrington, creator and founder of XIX, Recovery Support Services;
• Nicole Cunningham, women’s house manager at Interval Brotherhood;
• Dennis Shawhand of the Broken Chains Ministry at Summit County Jail; and
• Jason Hubbard, chaplain at the Haven of Rest Ministries
The event is sponsored by Parents Of Prodigals at The Chapel. The program is open to all.
For more information, call The Chapel at 330-376-6400 or Ed Davidian at 330-620-5668.