- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
Register children for kindergarten April 10 at Dunbar
Registration for children who will enroll in kindergarten in the Tallmadge City Schools for the 2014-15 school year has been scheduled for April 10 at Dunbar Primary School, 731 Dunbar Road.
The two registration sessions will be at 1:30 and 6 p.m. At these registration sessions, school staff will be on hand to answer questions and to discuss the kindergarten curriculum and mandatory pre-enrollment screening.
According to policy adopted by the Tallmadge Board of Education, a child must be 5 years of age on or before Aug. 1 to attend kindergarten in the fall. A successful kindergarten experience is a prerequisite for enrollment in first grade.
To register, the parent or guardian (child does not need to be present) will need to take:
• Proof of residency. Two documents required, must be current. For example: utility bill (may only use one) showing name and address, i.e. water, gas, electric (cable and phone bills are not accepted); property tax bill; voter registration card; federal/state/local records (municipal, such as Tallmadge tax return; welfare/child care records; homeowner/tenant records, i.e. insurance policy, pay stub showing name/address; or support payment records
• Certified copy of the child's official birth certificate
• Immunization records
• Original or copy of child's Social Security card
• Parent's drivers license
• Names, addresses and phone numbers of physicians and hospitals for the emergency medical authorization form.
Also, if a child custody decree has been issued, state law requires the custodial parent to present a certified copy of the court orders at the time of enrollment. All documents are necessary to complete registration and will be maintained in the student's enrollment file.
Families are encouraged to register their children at this time. Early registration helps the school staff plan programming and room assignments for the coming school year.
For additional information, contact building principal Courtney Davis at 330-633-4515.