- 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos
1 Call to Order
1. Opening of Meeting
2 Pledge of Allegiance
1.3 Roll Call
4 Welcome of Visitors
1.5 Approval of Minutes of Prior Meeting
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the minutes of the Regular Board of Education Meeting of March 15, 2017.
2. Recommendations of the Board of Education
Recommendations of the Treasurer
1 Acceptance of Financial Statement
It is recommended that the Board of Education accept the Financial Statement as of March 31, 2017.
3.2 OFCC Project Agreement
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the Project Agreement between the Ohio School Facilities Commission and the Tallmadge Board of Education, pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 3318.
4. Recommendations of the Superintendent of Schools
1 Textbook Presentation
Shelley Monachino will present the AP Stats Textbook (The Practice of Statistics, Fifth Edition) to the Board.
4.2 DECA/BPA Recognition
Attached are lists of the BPA and DECA students to be recognized.
Students advanced on from B.
P.A. Regional competition where over 700 students competed to the B.
P.A. State Competition from Joni Giles Software Technology and Entrepreneurship Class.
Close to 5,000 students competed at the State level.
DECA also had three members participate in the DECA/Herff Jones Marketing Results Challenge this year.
Zach Davis, Phillip Glasser, and Vaughn Richards placed in the top three teams across the nation.
Davis, Glasser, and Richards earned a trip to Florida to present their yearbook campaign to a panel of Herff Jones Sales Executives.
This is the first time Tallmadge DECA has earned national recognition for placing in the top three!
3 Lease Agreement
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve a School Building Lease Agreement between Summit Educational Service Center and the Tallmadge City School District Board of Education for two classrooms at a rate of $3,600 per classroom/year, commencing July 1, 2017 and terminating on June 30, 2018.
4.4 Agreement for the Provision of Services
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the agreement between Summit Educational Service Center and the Tallmadge City School District to provide a comprehensive, collaborative preschool program to the District’s eligible preschool children with disabilities for the term beginning July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
4.5 Contract for Services
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the Contract for Services between Tallmadge City School District and the Summit Educational Service Center Governing Board to provide employment services during the 2017-2018 school year, at the cost of salary and benefits, plus any other costs incurred in the employment of the individual(s) upon written request of the district Superintendent or designee.
4.6 Teacher Appreciation Week
It is recommended that the Board of Education adopt a Resolution proclaiming May 1-5, 2017 as Teacher Appreciation Week.
4.7 Payment in Lieu of Bus Transportation
It is recommended that the Board of Education grant permission for Payment in Lieu of Bus Transportation, in the amount of $250.
00 for each student, in accordance with RC 3327.
02, for the 2016-2017 school year to:
• Jonathan Trombka - Lake Center Christian
• Abigail Spicer - Hudson Montessori
8 Overnight, Out-of-Town Field Trip
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve an overnight, out-of-town field trip for the THS Baseball and Softball teams to travel to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from March 28 - April 1, 2017 to participate in practices and games.
4.9 Overnight, Out-of-Town Field Trip
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve an overnight, out-of-town field trip from April 6-8, 2017 for the TMS Robotics Club to travel to Marion, Ohio to participate in the National Robotics Challenge.
5. Personnel Items
1 Resignation Due to Retirement
It is recommended that the Board of Education accept the resignation due to retirement from Melissa Hooverman, Paraprofessional at Munroe Elementary School, effective May 26, 2017.
Melissa has been with the district for over 19 years.
5.2 Lead Teacher Resignation
It is recommended that the Board of Education accept the resignation from Catrina Steiner as Language Arts Lead Teacher at Dunbar Primary School effective with the 2017-2018 school year.
5.3 TMS Math Lead Teacher
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve Maria Boyd and Krista McCourtie as the Math Lead Teacher - TMS for the 2017-2018 school year which will complete the 3-year term.
Maria and Krista will be splitting the stipend.
5.4 Non-Renewal of Limited Tutor Contracts
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the non-renewal of the following limited tutor contracts that were issued for the 2016-2017 school year:
• Ava Koval - Reading Tutor at Munroe
• Debbie Pesa - ESL Tutor
5 Non-Renewal of Supplemental Duty Contracts
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the non-renewal of all supplemental duty contracts that were issued for the 2016-2017 school year.
5.6 Administrative Contracts
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the following three-year administrative contracts effective August 1, 2017:
• Tim Blough
• Kurt Gwin
• Mike Householder
• Rob Kearns
• Jeff Manion
• Becky Steiner
7 New TMS Cheerleading Supplemental
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the addition of a 7th Grade Cheerleading Advisor (50%) based on the addition of 7th grade football.
5.8 Summer Grounds/Custodial Help
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve Matt Morrissey and Jamie Wade as Summer Grounds/Custodial Help on an as needed basis throughout the season at a salary of $14.
00 per hour.
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve reinstating Mary Kisha as Cook/Helper for 2 hours on Mondays and 3 hours/each day on Tuesdays-Fridays, 189 days/year, to be paid per the negotiated agreement beginning immediately.
5.10 Supplemental Duty Contracts
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the following supplemental duty contracts for the 2017-2018 school year as shown on the attached document.
SUPPLEMNTAL DUTY POSITIONS
2017-18 School Year
*All Positions Paid Stipend Per Negotiated Contract*
• HS Marching Band — John Lenzo
• HS Concert Band — John Lenzo
• MS Band — John Lenzo
• Vocal Music Grade 8 — John Lenzo
• HS Drama (1 Production) — David Obney
• HS Musical (2 Positions) John Lenzo/Peter Culver
• Theater Manager — Jeff Moyer
• MS Safety Patrol — David Staszak/James Shannon
• Secondary Safety Patrol — Dan Gnabah
• HS Senior Class Advisor — Julie Headrick
• HS Junior Class Advisor — AreneStaszak
• HS Sophomore Class Advisor — Joni Giles
• HS Freshman Class Advisor — Joni Giles
• HS Annual Journalism Advisor — Julie Headrick
• HS Publication Advisor — Julie Headrick
• MS Publication Advisor — Ann Mollohan
• HS Student Council Advisor — Anna Blasko
• MS Student Council Advisor — James Shannon
• FCCLA (2 Positions) Kelley Smith/Stephanie Caicco
• HS Spanish Advisor — David Slivka
• HS French Advisor — Julie Metzger
• DECA — Lisa Haller
• BPA (2 Positions) Kim Brendel/Joni Giles
• Pep Club — Julie Headrick
• Drama Club MS (2 Positions) Lindsay Rodebaugh/Heather Caslow
• HS After Hours Detention — Jared Taylor
• MS After Hours Detention Cheri Stadelman
• HS Saturday Detention — David Slivka
• MS Saturday Detention — Cheri Stadelman
• Builder’s Club Advisor — Chad Nash
• Reading and Writing Festival Advisor — Heather Caslow
• STEM Club Advisor — Justin Christopher
• Improv Comedy Troupe Advisor — Brin Charek
• HS Winter Site Manager — Margaret Chiera
• MS Winter Site Manager — Matt Morrissey
• HS Cheerleading Coordinator — Stephanie Caicco
HS Cheerleading Coordinator — Emily Wagner
9th Grade Cheerleading Coordinator — Julia Schreck
• Fall Physical Fitness Director— Mark Horner
• Winter Physical Fitness Director — Jeremy Huth
• HS Art Club — Corey Blackiston
• PANDA Advisor — Ann Hagedorn
• Biology/Ecology Club Advisor — Amy Lewis
• Academic Challenge Advisor — David Hungerford
• Spelling Bee Advisor — Jennie Green
• National Honor Society — Cindy Kasper
S. Band 6th Grade — Peter Culver
S. Band 7th Grade — Peter Culver
• Vocal Music 6th Grade — Peter Culver
• Vocal Music 7th Grade — Peter Culver
• Vocal Music HS — Peter Culver
• MS Summer Band —Peter Culver
11 Spring Supplementals
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the following Spring Sports Supplemental Duty Contracts for the 2016-2017 school year:
• Head Baseball Coach - Kenny Linn (NC)
• Assistant Baseball Coach (2 positions) - Mike Barr (NC), Scott Campbell (NC), Scott Noel (NC) (to be split between three)
• Volunteer Baseball Coach - Kody Edwards (NC), Ben Shepherd (NC)
• Head Softball Coach - Ed Seeker (NC)
• Assistant Softball Coach (2 positions) - Willie Davis (NC), Joe Deleone (NC)
• Volunteer Softball Coach - Mike Swejk (NC), Kim Parks (NC), Catie Swejk (NC), Jim Cottrell (NC), Brittany Lightel
• Head Boys Tennis Coach - Russell Wormald
• Assistant Boys Tennis Coach - John Parry (NC)
• Head Track Coach - Mike Srodawa (150% - Boys/Girls)
• Assistant Track Coach - John Gergely, Laura McElrath (NC), Jeremy Huth, David Staszak, Mike Hay (NC)
12 Technology Specialist Lead Teachers
It is recommended that the Board of Education approve the Technology Specialist Lead Teachers, effective with the 2017-2018 school year for a three-year term as follows:
• Sara Courie - Dunbar
• Lynn Williams - Munroe
• Matt Hagedorn - TMS
• Kelli Christopher - THS
Remarks from the Superintendent
8. New Business
1 Public Comment
The Board President will open up the meeting to the public for comments.
Those wishing to address the Board may do so by stating their name and address.
Each person is limited to 3 minutes.
1 Executive Session
It is recommended that the Board of Education go into Executive Session for the discussion of negotiations.
11.2 Adjourn the meeting