The Tallmadge track and field teams competed at the 27-team Poland Invitational April 26.
The boys finished ninth with 26 points. Austintown Fitch won with 99 points and Cuayhoga Valley Christian Academy (75) and Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary (52) placed second and third, respectively.
The girls finished in a tie for 11th with Warren Howland. Both teams scored 23 points.
Warren G. Harding won with 85 points and Girard (57) and Lorain (47) took second and third, respectively.
The following Blue Devils and Lady Blue Devils placed in the top eight:
• 3,200-meter relay: Chris LaMancusa, Nick Murray, Pat Ferguson and Brian McGovern, second, 8 minutes, 8.74 seconds
• 800 relay: Jimmy Aumont, Jordan Spano, Latrele Moore and Bobby Clark, seventh, 1:35.98
• 1,600: Ferguson, fourth, 4:40.64
• 800: LaMancusa, sixth, 2:07.36
• 1,600 relay: McGovern, Aumont, Clark and Zack Murray, second, 3:35.15
• 3,200: Brin Stralka, third, 11:36.8; and Mary Hillegas, seventh, 12:13.49
• 400: Hallie Allen, fifth, 1:05.19
• 3,200 relay: Anna Bartlett, Amanda Peters, Stralka and Rochelle Haught, second, 10:20.52
• High jump: Lexi Zehner, sixth, 4 feet, 10 inches
For more, see the May 4 edition of the Tallmadge Express.