The Tallmadge girls and boys track and field teams competed at a Division I district meet, which concluded May 23 at Fitch High School in Austintown.
The girls finished sixth with 44 points. Solon won the 14-team competition with 154 points and Warren Harding (111) and Geneva (104) placed second and third, respectively.
The boys captured 10th with 24 points. Fitch won the 16-team competition with 134 points and Solon (130.5) and Warren Harding (66) took second and third, respectively.
Brian McGovern won the 800-meter race with a time of 1 minute, 55.12 seconds.
As a result, McGovern advanced to a Division I regional meet, which is scheduled for May 28 and 30 at Fitch High School in Austintown. The meet is set to begin at 5 p.m. both days.
The top four individuals in each event and the top four relays teams advanced to the regional competition.
Brin Stralka earned a trip to regionals after placing second in the 3,200 (11:28.92). She was .58 behind Solon's Louiza Wise, who took first.
Maddie Fairchild and Sadie Bennett qualified for the regional competition in the long jump.
Fairchild finished third with a leap of 15 feet, 11.75 inches and Bennett took fourth (15-7.25).
• 100 hurdles: Brittney Harris, fifth, 16.42; and Emily Schott, eighth, 17.21
• 800 relay: Julia Schreck, Bennett, Fairchild and Hallie Allen, sixth, 1:47.57
• 400 relay: Schott, Alexis Malish, Emma Brown and Harris, sixth, 51.8
• 300 hurdles: Rochelle Haught, seventh, 49.71
• 3,200: Mary Hillegas, eighth, 12:28.9
• 1,600 relay: Hallie Allen, Haught, Bennett and Fairchild, sixth, 4:13.22
• Pole vault: Lexi Zehner, fifth, 8-6; and Victoria Murray, tied for sixth, 7 feet
• 800 relay: Logan Ray, Bobby Clark, Jimmy Aumont and Jordan Spano, sixth, 1:35.07
• 1,600 relay: McGovern, Aumont, Clark and Nick Murray, sixth, 3:29.76
• Shot put: Joe Lowery, seventh, 47-1.5
For more, see the June 1 edition of the Tallmadge Express.