The Tallmadge girls track and field team finished eighth with 33 points at the 13-team Austintown-Fitch Division I district meet May 19.
Solon easily won the competition with 132 points and Geneva (90.5) and Fitch 967) placed second and third, respectively.
Vanessa Lane captured a district title in the high jump with a leap of 5 feet, 5 inches.
The top four athletes in each event and the top four relay teams advanced to the regional competition, which is scheduled for May 24 and 26 at Fitch.
Sara Johnson advanced to the regional competition in the long jump with a leap of 16-.25.
Brittney Harris advanced in the 100 hurdles with a fourth-place time of 16.16 seconds.
Other Tallmadge athletes who scored team points are as follows:
• 3,200 relay: Claire Cate, Morgan Moses, Chloe Heestand and Ravyn Edge, seventh, 11:10.3
• 800 relay: Harris, Alexis Malish, Jill Catalano and Madison Tasich, eighth, 1:51.93
• 1,600: Edge, seventh, 5:30.12
• 400 relay: Malish, Johnson, Tasich and Harris, fifth, 50.69
• 200: Johnson, seventh, 27.95
• Shot put: Lauren Bradshaw, eighth, 31-7.75