Our Lady of Victory
Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, 73 North Ave., offers high school and middle school fellowships, Bible studies and Knights of Columbus. High school students requiring more information may call 330-633-1689.
Our Lady of Victory will host "Hope for the Holidays," a grief support workshop to help deal with loss during the holidays, Nov. 8 from 7 to 9 p.m.
For more information or to register, call OLV at 330-633-3672. The program is open to anyone in need of healing.
* Nov. 10 -- Our Lady of Victory Women's Guild Holiday Bazaar, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 73 North Ave., Finnerty Hall. Handmade gifts, crafts and gift baskets will fill 25 craft tables. Lunch will be available for purchase, and will include a selection of homemade soups, pies, sausage sandwiches and hot dogs.
* Nov. 9 through 11 -- "Search" weekend at Camp Christopher in Bath. Cost is $70, half price if parents assist with nighttime duties.
Contact Ellen Berber on all activities at 330-801-0463.
Preschool opening -- The 4-year-old preschool class still has a few openings. Call 330-633-3672 for more information.
St. Mark Lutheran
* Nov. 4 -- Services with Communion at 8:15 and 10:30 a.m.; adult and youth Sunday school offered at 9:15 a.m.; refreshments served in the Fellowship Hall.
* Nov. 5 -- Election Eve, special prayer service, 7 p.m.; Knitting/Crocheting for Charity, 7 p.m., The Danbury, Third Floor, 1695 Queens Gate Circle, Cuyahoga Falls. Call Diane for information at 330-686-1086.
* Nov. 6 -- Election Day; evening Bible study, 7 p.m.
* Nov. 7 -- Choir practice, 7:30 p.m.
* Nov. 8 -- Property Committee, 7 p.m.
* Nov. 11 -- St. Mark providing a luncheon after the 10:30 a.m. service for all St. Mark veterans, their families and friends.
St. Mark Lutheran Church is located at 158 North Ave. For more information, call 330-633-3718, visit www.stmark-lutheran.org or find the church on Facebook.
Ruth's Closet is open
Ruth's Closet will open for people in need Nov. 17; and Dec. 1 and 15 at Northwest Avenue Church of Christ, 737 Northwest Ave.
The church is seeking volunteers to help man Ruth's Closet the days it will be open to the public. The Closet is in need of baby and children's clothing.
Those interested in lending a hand or making a donation may contact Mary Ann Hayden at email@example.com.
Tallmadge United Methodist
Tallmadge United Methodist Church, 207 N. Munroe Road:
* Nov. 4 -- Contemporary service and Junior Church, 8:45 a.m.; Sunday School for all ages 9:45 a.m.; traditional service, 10:45 a.m.; Junior High UMYF, 4 p.m.; Senior High UMYF, 5:30 p.m.
* Nov. 5 -- UMW Board meeting, 7 p.m.
* Nov. 6 -- Bible study, 7 p.m.; Bell Choir Practice, 7 p.m.
* Nov. 7 -- Choir practice, 7 p.m.
* Nov. 8 -- Men's devotions and work group, 8:30 a.m.
* Nov. 11 -- UMM Fellowship Breakfast and UMW meeting/World Thanks offering following second service, 7:30 a.m.
For more information about any event, call the church office at 330-633-3734.
All are welcome to join Sunday activities at First Congregational Church of Tallmadge. Worship is at 8:30 a.m. (sanctuary service with a spiritual emphasis featuring piano accompaniment and 10 a.m. (traditional sanctuary service with pipe organ and choirs; children's choir practice and children's worship); 9 a.m. (children, youth and adult education). Nursery care is available from 9 to 11 a.m. Sundays.
The church offers nursery care for children younger than 3 during worship as well as craft time for children in second grade and younger during the second half of worship.
Warriors' Journey Home Ministry -- Listen, Speak, Heal is scheduled monthly from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Veterans and individuals of strong heart who would like to experience the healing circle for veterans are invited to attend. For future meeting times, visit the website warriorsjourneyhome.org.
First Congregational Church of Tallmadge is located at 85 Heritage Drive. For more information, call 330-633 4931 or visit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unity to host 'Comedy in Concert' Nov. 8
The public is invited to enjoy "Comedy in Concert," performed by award-winning humorist and songwriter Greg Tamblyn, at Unity Chapel of Light, 503 Northwest Ave. at 7 p.m. Nov. 8. Concert tickets are $10 apiece at the door. Because Tamblyn's work is most appreciated by adults, the church will offer free child care during the concert. Free popcorn will be available for everyone. The church is completely handicap-accessible.
Dubbed "a contemporary Mark Twain" by author Dr. Larry Dossey, Tamblyn's unique musical wit provides the perfect dose of "conscious comic relief" from workplace blues, global anxiety, and personal challenges. His concerts feature songs like The Top Ten Whiny Victim Love Songs, Self-Employment Made Harder by Difficult Boss, Analog Brain in a Digital World, The Shootout At The I'm OK You're OK Corral, My Life is a Beer Commercial, and A Brief History of God (G-String Theory).
Tamblyn's performances have been called "psycho-spiritual experiences" that take his audience on a musical joyride into the profound and the absurd, the personal and the universal, the psychological and the spiritual, the sacred and the silly.
Queen of Heaven
The Queen of Heaven Mass schedule: Weekends: Saturday vigil 4:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:15 a.m., 11 a.m., 5 p.m.; weekdays 8:30 a.m.
All are invited to attend the All Souls commemoration Mass Nov. 8 from 7 to 7:45 p.m. Those who have died in the past year from Queen of Heaven will be remembered with a candle presented in their name. Those who lost a loved one who was buried elsewhere in the past year and would like them mentioned at this Mass, call the office at 330-896-2345. A social will follow the Mass.
Annual Solemn Eucharist Devotions have been planned for Nov. 18 through 20. Adoration will begin after the 11 a.m. Mass and continues until a vesper service (evening prayer) with benediction Nov. 20 from 5:30 to 6 p.m. The Rev. Monsignor Richard C. Antall, pastor of Holy Name Parish, Cleveland, will be the speaker at the closing service. A free pasta dinner will follow for all attendees.
Antall served 20 of the last 25 years in El Salvador at Immaculate Conception Parish in La Libertad and in four rural parishes. He returned to Cleveland last year.
Queen of Heaven Church is located at 1800 Steese Road in Green. For more information, call 330-896-2345.
Grace Baptist Church
Grace Baptist Church, 5915 Rhodes Road, Kent. Sunday services include worship at 9:30 a.m. with Sunday school for children, youth and young adults and an adult Bible fellowship class; worship at 11 a.m. with children's church and another adult Bible fellowship class option.